Saturday, January 21, 2006

I know, I'm shocked too!

After 26 years of resistance and just plain laziness, I have done the unthinkable. I have actually taken after my parents (my mother, who has a lifetime membership to Bally's, and my father, who plays racquetball like 6 times a day and who were both -- may I remind you -- the first members when a Cardio Fit came to Chino Hills) and joined...

...The Gym.

Eh, it was inevitable. Just so that I knew it wouldn't be a waste of money, I gave myself 2 months before I joined to see if I would actually work out. I have been, and it's actually become part of my routine. I now have a membership to the behemoth next to the freeway that is LVAC.

That's not even the best part! No, the best part is the person who gets to whip my ass back into shape! I get to have someone measure me every month and tell me what to do. I say it like it's a bad thing when, truth is, it's totally what I need.

I meet my trainer for the first time next Monday. Let's pray I can walk the next day, shall we?

JDM

No comments: