Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lounge Pop

Without even knowing it, I've become a fan of a musical genre called "lounge-pop." During my senior year of high school I fell in love with The Cardigans and had their "First Band on the Moon" CD on constant repeat in my car. It had this sound that I couldn't put my finger on, like I'd heard it in some 60's sitcom or something. Very retro and upbeat, with Nina Persson's light, girly voice a candy-coating on the addicting melodies. It remains my favorite of all their albums.

Today, my favorite celebrity gossip blog provided me with another great band: the bird and the bee. Perezhilton.com had the following to say:


After doing some research, I'm finding some other great artists that have this same "lounge-pop" label. One artist, Nathalie Nordnes, has some music available on myspace, but I cannot find where to buy her album "Join Me In The Park." The one download site I could find was in Swedish. I can't read the instructions so I most definitely wasn't going to supply my credit card info! Hopefully I'll find something soon. I look forward to researching this genre a bit more. In my opinion, there is nothing better than new music and finding your next favorite song!

No comments: