Saturday, June 30, 2007

944 2nd Anniversary at Hard Rock Hotel

944 magazine had their 2nd anniversary party at the Hard Rock Hotel this weekend and I do mean PARTY. They had stuff going on everywhere in the hotel for three straight days. My co-workers and I hit up the concert by the pool on Friday night with Rocco DeLuca and She Wants Revenge. Their pool is really nice and it was nice to sit in the MGM MIRAGE cabana and dip my feet in one of the private pools. This job definitely has its perks!

On Saturday, I went to their Downlow Art Show to check out what they had from one of my favorites, Shag. I just missed the book signing (no times were given on any of the literature, but I'm over it) but I did get his book and got to see some of his work up close. I would have loved to have met Josh Agle (Shag) but I guess I will just have to make it to another showing! They had some great pieces there including one from another of my faves, Amanda Visell.

In other news, apparently one of the restaurants at the village caught fire right before the Three Dog Night concert this evening! Concert was cancelled, village evacuated, and there is extensive damage to the restaurant! CRAZY.






No comments: