Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bah humbug.

So aside from having the winter cold from HELL, today was supposed to be a pretty good day. I went Christmas shopping after work (the first shopping I've done all season, I might add) and got a surprising amount done.

Little bit of a backstory... so on Monday, I discovered the gift card I used at Nordstrom was never given back to me by the cashier. I called the store and they confirmed that my card was not given back to me, but they didn't know where the cashier put it. Well, today I called to see if they had found it because the dept. manager assured me it was there. Instead, the cashier herself gets on the phone and tells me, "Oh, I gave it to some lady who said she lost a gift card. There was no name on it." Of course there wasn't a name on it. IT'S A GIFT CARD.

The card should have had about $95 left on it. By the time I'm done messing with the folks at Nordstrom and called American Express to get a replacement, they tell me that the balance is now $24 and that they can send me a check for that amount. Let's just say I will be calling back that department manager at Nordstrom tomorrow. Oh, and this is the same Nordstrom where I worked as a Loss Prevention Agent. How's that for irony?

So after that phone call I decided to check my email and go to bed. Instead, I open my internet browser and have a big error message that says my internet has been disconnected and to call Cox Network Security. I do, and they tell me my email has been hacked and someone has been using it to send out spam. Awesome. Thankfully I don't use that email address for much, but I know that there was at least one email that contained my home address. Makes me thankful I got that home security system.

So yeah, people suck.

I'm really hoping something good happens between now and Saturday to get me back in the holiday spirit...

JM

No comments: