Sunday, March 12, 2006

What a weekend...

I should really be going to bed, but I have a pile of clothes next to me, waiting to be hung in my closet. There's a realtor coming to look at my house at 8:45 a.m. and I'd like to be able to open my closet door when that happens.

So, it's official. I'm moving to a new house! My mom came in Friday night and she and I went to the gym right from the airport. Saturday morning Hampton Park was the first place I showed her. She liked the model just as much as I did. But obviously, we had a lot of looking to do. So, in the rain and off-and-on snow (yes, I said snow), we went all over Green Valley looking at new developments. Some we liked -- a Pulte home in Anthem whose only drawback was the distance from the freeway-- and some we hated -- a Concordia model with an ugly floor plan and even uglier decor that looked like it was designed circa 1991-1992.

Even after seeing everything on our list, we kept talking about the Hampton Park model. So, this morning, we bought it! Neither the fact that I'm a homeowner nor the fact that I'm moving has quite set in yet. The house is beautiful. The backyard is completely landscaped, the walls are painted, shutters are installed, tile, carpet, you name it, it's got it. And we're selling the townhouse.

That's a little too much for me to take in right now and still sleep tonight, so moving on...

Jimmie won the Vegas race!!!
He passed Matt Kenseth on the final turn and then drag raced him down the final stretch to win by half a car-length! Sealing my fate as a true NASCAR fan, I was jumping up and down in my living room.


JDM

No comments: