Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Stability: Not In My Horoscope

Last night, I was grocery shopping when I received a phone call from Kevin, my former boss. He told me that Jim from the ad company we used to work with out at Lake Las Vegas had called looking for my phone number, and to expect a call from him. This was intriguing, because a short time after I left the Village, Kevin had told me that Jim had said that he would love to hire me if he ever had a position available. By the time I got home, I had a message waiting for me. When I called him back, he told me that his company was looking for a media buyer. They had me interview on the phone right then!

This could be a great opportunity, but I think my experience at Aladdin has made me somewhat gun-shy. I left a job I didn't hate for more money, and ended up miserable. Now I've finally found another job I think I could be happy at for a while, and this comes along. More money, same hours, a chance to learn something new and to do something besides events.

So that I am able to tell everyone that I thought this decision out thoroughly, I'm doing a pros and cons list in case I get it. Just in case...

JDM

No comments: