Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tripsitter: Nice Guys Finish First

Obviously, I've been listening to local band Cherry Hill for a long time and am firmly committed to helping them "make it big". An additional perk to attending their shows has been the exposure to other local artists by watching the opening acts. One such band that opened for Cherry Hill a few years ago, was Tripsitter. While I didn't actually get to see them play, the band had wonderful things to say about them. I did my own research and after hearing some of their stuff on their website, planned on catching them the next time they played.

Fast forward to my time at Lake Las Vegas as an event planner. I was planning the Endless Summer Classic Car Show and needed some entertainment. I immediately remembered hearing "California Son" on Tripsitter's website and set out to hire them.

They were perfect. My crowd loved them, and they were the picture of professional musicians. But more than that, Jeff, Jon, Jared, Rusty & Matt were genuinely nice guys.

Their harmonies are gorgeous and their musicianship is stunning. They played at the Village a few more times during my tenure there, and I plan on hiring them very soon at The Mirage if I have my way.

My favorite song has always been "California Son" and I encourage you to download it (and the rest of the album), but I warn you -- it will be stuck in your head forever.

JDM

No comments: